A Flight Plan for Students and Educators
Now is a great time for a career in the U.S. aerospace industry. There are exciting opportunities available to chart your flight plan and become part of an industry where entrepreneurs have challenged the conventional ever since humans first aspired to take to the skies and soar upward.
The aerospace industry has achieved amazing things in the 100 years since the first powered, sustained and controlled flights of Orville and Wilbur Wright on the sandy dunes of Kitty Hawk.
Consider what is on the drawing board of the future:
- A new crew exploration vehicle to take humans back to the moon and onto Mars and other far away planets.
- Small air taxis flying passengers from town to town while unmanned aerial vehicles soar above our heads.
- Futuristic robots acting as our eyes and ears in deep space, an environment that is too unknown and inhospitable for human exploration - for now.
- Shape-changing aircraft that can alter form and function mid-air.
- Space ports that zoom tourists to outer space for holidays.
- A Next Generation Air Transportation System that transforms travel - safety, security, ticketing and baggage handling become a seamless operation.
Start exploring the opportunities that await you in the aerospace industry - opportunities to be part of a team that makes a tremendous contribution to our nation's economy, ensures that the borders of our nation remain secure, and provides our men and women in uniform with the equipment they need.